Old 10-11-21, 08:18 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked 1,810 Times in 1,188 Posts
A framebuilder could make you a longer seatpost. I know TiCycles in Portland, OR can and does. (They've built me two; not for length but for additional setback.) It wouldn't be cheap but it is quite doable and easy; just with a wait depending on how busy they are.

If going this route, consider surveying the market to see if there is a best diameter so if you decide to change/replace/upgrade your bike, you can simply keep this post for the next bike. (I'd have it made extra long so if my next bike was smaller I could still use it. Also, you want lots of insertion at your height, post . (And I'm projecting here, your weight. I had a 6'8 friend. Only 200 pounds but what he could do to stuff was way beyond 33% more than my 150 pounds.)

I ride the road so I just have my posts made 27.2 mm diameter. If I go to a bigger diameter bike, I'll just shim it. I don't know the fatbikes game. The proprietor of TiCycles probably does. He also has an engineering background. He might take this on as a challenge. PM me if you want to know more. (You need I believe 10 posts to post message so wander this Bike Forums and make yourself at home!)

Oh, and welcome friend to Bike Forums!