Old 10-12-21, 08:55 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10392 Post(s)
Liked 11,842 Times in 6,062 Posts
Originally Posted by daverup
I've changed the brake levers on my 86 Ironman to 105/SLR, they seem to fit me a little better. Here is a current pic,

When I got my 1985 Ironman last month, it had long since had its non-aero 6207 brake levers replaces with generic Shimano aero levers. I looked around, and I found that while you can find the correct 6207 levers by the dozen, hoods are another question entirely. Oh, there were some gum hoods, but the originals were black, and there were none of those. So I decided to go with slightly newer 6209 aero levers, to make it closer to original.

This pic is from after the "shakedown cruise". Still needs just a bit of work on fit, but the ride is great and it just feels like it wants to go fast.

The 'Bernard Hinault' model turbo saddle is original. It's looking kinda old and worn, but still pretty comfy. Still felt pretty good after 22 miles, but not sure how it will do for longer rides.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles