Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
https://cyclingtips.com/2021/09/want...s-can-do-that/

Trek and Specialized already do that on some frames. More commonly found on MTBs. For road cycling one doesn't need to carry all that much more than what fits in jersey pockets, while a small saddle bag is not a big deal to anyone who isn't so vain as to avoid them for purely aesthetic reasons.
I hate bags under the saddle and it has nothing to do with vanity. I don't like the way they look to be sure but I also don't find them that functional for what I carry. Most that I have tried are not very stable either. I use a Camelback Lobo with the bladder removed so I can carry a small pump and an extra tube in that spot and some tools and my personal effects in the other compartments. I also have the downtube storage on my Domane which I have equipped with a co2 inflator, tube and levers and a cartridge. I like to have my bases covered. I hate things strapped to the bike thus my lights are computer are integrated to the stem and seat post for a cleaner look. Vanity ....I don't think so. I certainly don't worry about what other people think....I just know what I like.

As for new tech ? Bring it on !! There should be some nice used bikes available every time a new "must have" comes out. I will be there waiting !!