Thread: Tour de Cure
View Single Post
Old 02-26-06, 05:31 PM
foxden

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did the Sarasota Tour de Cure today. I did the 50k on my Hybrid bike. I have only been biking, at least since the last 30 years, for 3 months. This was my first ride so I didn't know what to expect. I did simple training, just increasing my weekly ride about 2-3 miles each week. Did 33 each weekend for last 6 weeks. The weather was somewhat nasty, drizzly and threatening to rain with relatively strong winds - 15 to 20 mph. The ride WAS real organized. Food and drink at every stop and they were about 7 - 10 miles apart. I hadn't done this on my rides so that made things pretty easy. At the end was a great lunch and some nice giveaways. I had a great time with our team members.

Fund raising couldn't have been easier either. First of all it is a great cause with potential cures or much easier treatments not far off. They have a WebSite that is a piece of cake to do, you basically put in the emails of your potential donors, they have an email already written and you can easily edit to make it more personal. Hit send and its off. Your friends get the email and can make the donations on line. Super easy and the minimum pledge of 150 is raised quickly.

I get the idea from earlier emails that most rides aren't so well organized, so I am really glad my first one was such a treat.