Old 10-19-21, 08:49 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Liked 520 Times in 375 Posts
Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
yes! thats totally what I think it will be worth that as I am certain there is at least an ounce of two of gold in those those forks - maybe even more!

Why even waste the time? I already acknowledged investment was a poor word choice...
When it comes to something I want, I separate market value from value TO ME. Sometimes, stuff is worth MORE to me than the market at large. That is OK, and I will pay that price. The fact it is worth less to the general market doesn't really matter. What is it worth to me is the question.

I overpaid for my 1974 Paramount, and I overpaid for my house too! (the house involved a lot more $$ of course). In the case of the house, it was the perfect choice for us, so the value to us far exceeded the market. So we willingly overpaid. No regrets here!

So as long as it fits within the family budget, if you want it, buy it. I've wasted far more money on other stuff.

I enjoy buying stuff that doesn't fit. It is so much easier to let it go that way. Bought four bikes recently, only one my size. The other three were bought to supplement the bike fund. So I don't knowingly overpay on stuff I don't plan to keep (although I have made my share of mistakes!!!!)

Last edited by wrk101; 10-19-21 at 08:54 AM.
Likes For wrk101: