Old 10-19-21, 05:54 PM
CyclistSF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
It almost certainly has a 74mm BCD inner and will take a 24T. I have owned several XD600s and they all did.
Yay, thanks. that's what I was looking for (without busting out a ruler and trying to measure while still on the bike.

Yes, I totally understand poor shifting can be the result of many little things, but my favorite mechanic moved away many years ago and I don't have the time, space or skill level to diagnose anything other than cable tension and limit screws. I've also taken my bike in several times and the mechs are like "I put a new chain on it. should be good" or "I replaced the one problem cog" etc. and it's been progressively worse and worse.

With the amount of use this bike gets and the value I put on that use I think now is a good time to start completely fresh, with the new(ish) bike shop down the street I'm hoping for an awesome mechanic. Also going to be hardcore about upkeep... keeping it clean and well oiled, avoiding cross chaining, etc. and am hoping to have it last a good while with the new setup.

Thanks for your help!

I was really lost with the BCD stuff, just started to learn and then realized the two bigger plates were lined up but the smaller one had bolts in different places.