Old 10-24-21, 08:48 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3236 Post(s)
Liked 2,080 Times in 1,178 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. This is the sort of exchange of which I am craving. My emphasis is always on the journey, and never how quickly I get there. I rarely have the destination be the primary objective and getting there quickly being top priority. I am known to stop and quack at the ducks and honk at the geese. I like to fish and walk the woods. Nothing quite as soul-filling as a pretty view. Nothing comforts my soul like being in a lush, healthy, old-growth New England forest. There is no sweeter sound to my ears than the sounds of a babbling brook filled with sparkling trout. Or is it a sparkling brook filled with babbling trout.? Needless to say, the journey is why I do it.

Here is the route as it stands right now. Its not complete by any means. Its just a rough overview of where I'm headed and how I want to spin it. I'll probably work on this over the winter, and refine it by using logging roads and trails wherever I can.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37841152
Well here's a wrinkle. Your route has you cycling on roads in the North Maine Woods. You cannot ride a bike on these roads. Its stated on their website

"No bicycles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles or horses are allowed at any time of year in the North Maine Woods area. This is necessary for logging road safety and to reduce the possibility for forest fires in hard to reach locations."