I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,534 Times in 1,044 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I agree that some clarification of the rider's lane position would help, but nothing excuses a car/truck/bus driver buzzing a rider. I can deal with someone yelling and cursing at me, and usually it just makes me laugh (which makes them even more angry), but a physical threat from a moving vehicle is another story.

See above. I'm not sure what your problem is, but trying to bully a rider with a large motor vehicle is no joke. That's your life they are playing games with, and that is not OK. I've spent enough time on bicycles and motorcycles to have experienced this first hand, and it should not go unreported. Again, word are one thing (sticks and stones and what not), but it's not OK to put someone's life at risk.
Maybe I missed it but where did the OP reveal that he was buzzed or bullied by the city employee, or as others have assumed, violated any traffic regulation? The OP has been sparse with details about his own part of this incident other than he was cycling in the left lane and later after hearing blowing horn which perhaps was provoked by his own cycling left lane riding action, he caught up with the motorist and cursing and bad cycling advice ensued. What if anything occurred with the catching up other than the other guy was vulgar has not been stated.

Obviously some feel that regardless of what the cyclist said or did he must be protected from a wayward horn blast or mean words.