View Single Post
Old 10-27-21, 10:38 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
Which rental bike should I choose?

Going to Maui basically to ride up Haleakala (35 miles, 10K ft and then back). Not bringing my bike since it is too much of a hassle and my only bike is a bit beat. There are a few options, some are limited by the store hours. Only need the rental of a day and hard to come back by a certain time. Only know what is listed on the site, but will ask more details before renting.

A few options:
  • Scott Addict 20 Disc - $65/day, $55 a day for two days, $50 for three - Best option if I wanted to go for three days.
  • BMC RoadMachine One AXS - $89/day. - Best option for a single 24 hour period.
  • Cannondale - $50/day - undetermined but the site lists carbon, Ultegra components and compact gearing (50/34 front, 11/32 rear). Reverse image search says 2013 CAAD10, but I think the image is old
  • Tarmac Disc SL6 Expert - $100
  • Roubaix Sport - $60/ day
It is a dream ride, so I do not mind spending extra for the right bike, but would love to avoid renting the expensive options on multiple days. Getting back by 3pm might be tough. Might have to eliminate options that do not have compact gearing.

My bike is a Ridley Fenix. Entry level carbon, carbon, relaxed geometry. Do not need to be aero with such a climb!