View Single Post
Old 10-29-21, 02:42 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
A city street with a curb lane that is often used for legal street side parking; a four lane street with legal street side parking would have approximately 22 feet more in width.
Um, what? First, off, that isn't a city street. Not even close. Second, I've never heard the expression "cub lane," so that's not helping, and in general your description is a fairly useless mouthful.

If anything is parked in a lane, that lane isn't suitable for traffic, so the road above would be a 2-lane road (one in either direction).

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
For some reason I think the OP has had second thoughts about initiating a "report" about the "suspect".
See Central Park Karen
That comparison pretty much says all we need to know about your mindset. If you think the two things are in any way comparable, there is really little hope in getting through to you.

(Also, for those that aren't up on their local NYC goings on, it has since been fairly well established that the guy who made that video is a jerk that enjoys causing trouble and provoking people. The sentiment now seems to be one of sympathy for the woman in the video, who seems to have some issues she needs to deal with.)

Originally Posted by Riveting
Snitches get stitches!
This one silly expression, which reveals a mentality as ignorant as it is overly simplistic, has probably done immeasurably more harm than it could ever have done good.