View Single Post
Old 10-31-21, 03:05 PM
IsleRide

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by cyrano138
Yeah, I've always wanted to try a leather saddle so I'm pretty excited about it. So the bike is obviously not cleaned or has not had anything done to it in a long time. My understanding is that it sat in storage since the '80s. Seems to be all original stuff. I'm not sure about the brakes or the brake levers but pretty sure everything else is original.

I got it as a possible upgrade for my 86 le tour. It looks to be a 58 which is about the biggest frame I can ride, so I'm going to fix it up and see which one I like better and then sell the other one. It's not perfect. It has some paint defects and some very light surface rust underneath in those spots but other than that it looks to be a good functional bike and I've heard good things about the super sports.

What originally caught my eye was the crank set which seems to be a 144 BCD sugino double, and I thought hey I can use this for one of my fix gears, which would be worth 80 bucks alone to me. But looking at the bike and seeing how nice it is I don't think I have the heart to part it out.
Suntour Cyclone and Mavic MA 40s too! Those rims are often paired with very good hubs. I'd say that's a keeper as is. Clean, service and ride!

Last edited by IsleRide; 10-31-21 at 03:09 PM.