Old 11-05-21, 09:17 PM
Ryan_M

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
I asked a bike shop here in Waterloo Region Canada about a straight bar bike on a group ride and they said it was a no go. They also said it was because a lot of riders of straight bar bikes didn't have the skills needed to ride in a group. Perhaps this lady was of the same opinion?

Cheers
You know what? I think you're right with this one and OMG I'm triggered!!! lol

Since you're from Ontario, I was recently on a ride through Ajax (really nice trail system for a small town) and came across a group a few times where our routes crossed, most had "Ajax Cycling Club" jerseys on.... and all had drop bars! They were a **** show on the trail! Not a one of them knew, or at least cared about trail ettiquite. The first encounter the trail was paved mabye 2m wide or so, there was about a dozen of them and they stopped to have a chat. A mass of bikes and people completely blocking the trail and a meters worth on either side. THey wouldn't move for us so we had to swing way wide and avoid some obstacles in order to go around them. Next encounter the same thing except due to the terrain we couldn't pas on either side. We were dinging the bells and yelling at them as we approached. One glanced back at us then went back to the conversation. After we had to stop one of them finally aknowledged us and said to the others we were trying to pass. We were clearly an inconvenence for them so they took their time. I mean the audacity of us! Clearly it's their trail, we're just thankfull we have the priveledge of using it too. Other times trying to pass them on the trail was a tricky proposition - picture that scene in the movie where Bambi was trying to walk for the first time and that's what a lot of these people were like on bikes. They were riding right in the middle of the trail and after ringing bells and telling them we were passing on the left they were still weaving in the middle of the path. One threw his left hand up after us announcing we were passing whatever TF that meant. Clearly it wasn't acknowledgement we were going around because he also drifted left.

But they think us flat bar people don't know what we're doing!!!

Before I get flamed, I'm having a bit of fun with this. I'm not saying all of you drop bar people are like BMW drivers, just this particular group lol!
Likes For Ryan_M: