Old 11-08-21, 11:23 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 438 Posts
Schwalbe Pro One TLE tire - User Experience

Today I cleaned my tires and realized they were a lot more used than I thought. The back one is definitively shot - it's squared off and I can see what looks like metal wires at 2-3 small spots. Front one is still OK, but it's starting to square off and thread wear indicators are close to gone. I guess I could get another 500-1000kms out of it if I'm lucky.

Schwalbe claims they have a 4000-5000kms lifespan so I got what's expected, but I was wondering if some of you had had more luck than me. I read that some of us can get a lot more than that.

I'm a medium heavy rider (175lbs) and I'm guessing weight is my worst enemy when it comes to tire wear given that I ride 99% of the time on paved roads in very good condition with almost no debris on the shoulder. The compound is the Addix-Race. Tires are 28mm wide and mounted tubeless on 19.4mm internal width rims. They are inflated at 70PSI back & front before each ride.

Overall, I loved them. I will definitively buy them again for next season as soon as they come back in stock at my LBS.
Likes For eduskator: