Old 11-09-21, 06:53 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
I'm not saying anyone should be doing anything.

It's easy to buy a lighter part. Many people do it.
It's easy to tell someone the best gains are to lose kilo's off themselves instead. Many people on this forum have said as much.
It's hard to actually follow through on that advice.

Thus far the poll results are better than half have done either the bike or self option. The comments indicate about half of that half have done or resulted in doing both.

I suspected that few in the "general" sub other than myself have lost weight for the sole exclusive reason of not breaking their bike. You seem to forget I had a rightful place in the Clyde/Athena sub for quite some time.

The comments section is brilliant for letting people elaborate on their answer. I was/am banking on it.

To your point: Not 1 single person has ticked the "My weight doesn't matter" box. Clearly the poll takers feel personal weight does matter.

Reasons total "weight doesn't matter" could range from a big guy on a 'bent to a skinny guy on a TT bike, or any variation thereof. Both of those cases aero trumps other any/all considerations. It's a fair & valid point of view. Aero unquestionably matters more.

Reasons "bike weight doesn't matter" could be ticked by people that feel an emaciated 12 year-old on a Worksman Newsboy is going to enjoy cycling just as much as a clyde on a carbon wonder bike that needs a tether to keep the bike from floating away to the clouds. As noted in post #22 a small percentage of the total attributed to the bike may be unnoticable. The threshold for that is individual. The point being: cycling is fun & that persons ruling priority. That too is a valid point of view.

I'm seeing a lot of hand-wringing from you.
Do as I say, not as I do, maybe? Interesting. 🧐
You don't seem to understand the point that I'm making. At all.

Let me be more clear - everyone understands that body weight matters and only trolls pretend that others *don't* understand this. These are the idiots that pop in to threads to say brilliant stuff like, "rather than buy a lighter wheelset, just take a big dump before your ride, hur hur hur."

As far as your attempted shot at me - uhhh... okay. Not sure what you think I'm advocating, but you're surely wrong.
Likes For WhyFi: