Old 11-12-21, 10:16 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
that annual slow rise in body weight towards (bike) season tapering off

I am barely holding my weight under 200 into November despite having continued to ride around 125 miles per week and doing 2 or 3 "body works" and yoga classes at the gym each week. I would love it if I did not relapse to a winter Clydesdale but it seems to happen over the colder months each year. I am capable of running and did run nearly 4 miles last week one day. It was my first run like that in about 2 years.

I don't ride as many miles in the colder weather, choosing to wrap things up in under 2 hours when temps are below 40. I do like to stay active with my cycling hobby during the cold season by planning future bike builds and doing ongoing mechanic work but its the weight gain that happens every time that sort of stinks.

So my question is: How do you maintain your summer gains when cycling miles taper? For me , I hope to implement my plan of adding some running to the weekly combination of workouts. I also plan on continuing with regular yoga practice and "body works" classes where medium dumbells are used.

I am 5'11 and my weight can vary between 265 at the highest down to about 180 at the lowest. Presently I am at 195# BTW.

PS: I just realized I made no mention of my diet. When at work I don't show very good restraint when it comes to snacks. If they are available and free, I will consume a lot and then feel rotten about it later. Obviously this leads to more weight gain.