canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked 2,418 Times in 1,568 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, all.

Due to some pesky upper respiratory inflammation I'm gonna pass on the cassette for now, so let top506 snag this one. I'll cross my fingers for the next opportunity.

I've been off the bike due to vertigo and on Prednisone for a month for this dang respiratory thing and felt great yesterday, so I got all excited about finishing an 8-speed build for my 1993 Trek 5900 OCLV. Got the Dura Ace stuff ready to install, just needed a closer spaced cassette than the 11-28 SunRace I bought awhile ago. SunRace are good, but I dislike 11T small cogs - they feel grindy, and I'm not strong enough on flat terrain to take advantage of a 53/11 top gear.

But I must have overdone it jogging this weekend (I'm less worried about falling off my feet than off my bike). I jogged 7 miles Friday and 5 Monday. Today I'm stumbling around bouncing off walls because this inner ear congestion is messing with my equilibrium.

Excuse the rant whine. Beautiful mild sunny weather here, perfect for bicycling, and all I can do is cast longing gazes at my lonesome bicycles.