View Single Post
Old 11-18-21, 06:16 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked 1,067 Times in 575 Posts
Tube and lugs ordered for replacing the headtube. Should be a fun learning experience!

Here are a few pics with the new fork. I've used the original Suntour droputs, and I made some braze-ons like on an old Univega or Miyata tourer to mount the rack with m6 bolts and no spacers.

I also used the fork build as an opportunity to upgrade the tire size. I have Panaracer/Pacenti Pari-Moto 650x48 tires on there now. They measure about 45mm wide in reality, but "true" 48s would also fit. The fenders are some French ones that are not Lefol but some other brand, and measure a fair bit wider, allowing me to accommodate the 48s no problem. Haven't got the rear one on there yet.

And here's a shot of the upgraded tire clearance situation in the back. I've indented the chainstays. Hopefully they don't break!