pstake 

Bikes: Which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Franco-American frame ID

Help!

In short, I'm hoping someone will recognize features of the frame. I'm 90 percent sure the fork is Schwinn. It takes a 21mm stem, but the headset is of the French bear trap variety. Maybe rethreaded?

The frame weight is about 2,000 grams and the dropouts are forged Simplex. The fork is about 820 grams. Frame tubing is metric and the seatpost is 26.0. It came to me spaced to 126mm but probably via cold setting. The pump pegs on the downtube suggest 60s or early 70s, at least that's my limited understanding, and I believe spacing from the factory would have been 120. The closest I can find in catalogs in the internet is a late 60s Gitane TdF from the European market. Good tubing, downtube pump pegs. I could be way off!

The frame and fork were paired and professionally painted before they came in my possession. But the lug lining is all me. My first time...

I'm using it as a vintage All Road bike and for long group rides on mixed surfaces, and I plan to race it in the vintage class at Gravel World's next year.

I'm including photos of dropouts and lugs and stamped numbers. Any help is appreciated.