View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 07:30 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4399 Post(s)
Liked 4,844 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by fujidon
Pretty much what you just posted, thanks. But I was also hoping to hear from some cyclists who have a winter fitness plan that doesn't involve interactive software.

Thanks to posts like yours and others, I'm convinced that I'm not using my stationary bike time efficiently. For now, I'll continue to ride outdoors when the weather accommodates and when it doesn't, I'll still do the "easier" stationary rides for now. As spring approaches, I step up the volume/intensity.
It might help to know what sort of indoor bike trainer you actually have? You don't need interactive software to do interval training. You just need a trainer with basic variable resistance and a plan - which you can get from a book or online source.

The easy 30-45 min stationary rides you are doing every other day are about as inefficient as you can get for maintaining your fitness. So you can only improve from there. The good news is that you don't need to spend more time on your indoor trainer. But you do need to spend it more wisely if you want to get results.

Last edited by PeteHski; 11-22-21 at 07:34 AM.