View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 10:40 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I do get an occasional startled response, but never an unpredictable response. I have never had anyone move left.

I've had it happen a few times, but it's almost always been headphone wearers. I think the actually confused person moving the wrong way scenario has probably occurred twice in several years, and really was more amusing than dangerous. I had plenty of room to adjust to itbecause of the early announcement. I put in so many miles on MUPs that even really unlikely events are bound to occur at sometime regardless of how carefully I ride. Just a silly example--after going about 35 years without a single bee sting, I got stung by bees twice in 2 weeks this year.

Dogs and toddlers can't help being unpredictable. I generally slow to a crawl, especially with the kids on bikes or a loose or nonexistent leash on a dog.

All I'm saying re your post is that there's more than one safe and courteous way to skin this particular cat (which is a really weird expression).