View Single Post
Old 11-23-21, 02:55 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked 1,067 Times in 575 Posts
Originally Posted by lonesomesteve View Post
Speaking of PhD students and Doug Fattic, if you haven't run across the Two Serious Bikes blog before, I highly recommend that you pay a visit. The author has long since stopped posting and moved on into academia and more "grown-up" pursuits, but the blog is still there. Probably best to start from the beginning and read through it chronologically. Adam Hammond (the author) built some of the coolest bikes I've ever seen, anywhere.
Thanks for chiming in! Always happy to hear from you on this thread, as your Frek definitely inspired me to build this thing

I read a bit of the blog. I like his writing style, and can identify with a couple of his mistakes. It is nice that he documented a few mistakes.
My burning question is, how did he have so much free time?? Maybe things really were different 10-15 years ago in academia.