View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 03:11 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I facilitated the purchase of this Bianchi for my son. The only numbers it bears, 171, are located on the seat tube lug. The rear derailleur is also stamped as a 71. The bike was purchased as a frame/fork set and then built up by the original owner.

The bike...

The numbers...

My first question regards the bike's vintage. Is it a 1971 issue?

The next question is what model is it and where in the Bianchi line up does is appear? Bianchi Girl suggested, based in part on the style of head set, that it was not a top of the line model...

My last concern, for now, is what would the proper art (decals or stickers) look like. My son wants to replace the art which brings up my last concern. These sets are available on Ebay but they are not period correct...

Does anyone know where I can get the correct color for the bike as it could use either touching up or even a complete paint job?
celeste is not all created equal.....you may fall into a deep hole here see Obsessing about Celeste, again

Likes For squirtdad: