View Single Post
Old 12-03-21, 08:01 AM
livedarklions
High Performance Noodler

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6493 Post(s)
Liked 6,192 Times in 3,494 Posts
Originally Posted by Cramic View Post
Interesting to hear most people seem to think the same as me. It’s unfair and unsafe to draft.

But equally, as I pointed out, it’d actually be inconvenient if my first cyclist passed me to do his “fair share”.

So, being the sudden recipient of a slipstream, would you slow, to get out of it, and then continue at your earlier pace? Or tuck in behind and go along for the ride?
Situational.

I'm a solo rider, so I'm going to go whatever speed I would normally go at and if someone wants to tuck in front of me and go as fast as I normally would or better, I'm going to stay behind them until I want to do otherwise. They know I'm there because they put me there so the awareness and etiquette are all fair game.

I have no idea how I'd handle this in a place as windy as where you ride, however. We get high winds where I ride from time to time, but nothing systematic like that. I'd think you might be somewhere where there's some unspoken rules that wouldn't apply elsewhere. From SapInMyBlood 's post, I suspect that might be the case.