Old 12-06-21, 12:27 PM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 185 Posts
Help with History of 3Rensho Show Bike

I finished restoring this 3Rensho recently, and just got some high-res pictures to share. I only know a little bit of its history, and am hoping the good folks here at Bikeforums can help me validate what I do know, and add as much of the back-story as possible or connect me with individuals who could. I wrote up a full article on my blog, which you can read here: https://djcatnap.com/early-3rensho-s...ntour-superbe/

What I do know:
  • The BB shell is stamped "CHAMPION" indicating that it, and likely the rest of the bike, are made of Tange Champion tubing.
    • The Suntour Superbe groupset is original to the bike, as are the Dia-Compe Royal Gran Compe brakes

What I *think* I know:
  • It was a one-off custom for a USA (possibly NYC) bike show in the late 70s
    • It was made during the time that Yoshi Konno was transitioning from his original Cyclone brand to the 3Rensho brand
      • It was made by Konno himself

I plan to reach out to Andry Muzi of YellowJersey today. If anyone has more info, or can introduce me to someone who does, please let me know! I would love to establish the factual history of this unique and lovely bicycle.

Last edited by Catnap; 12-06-21 at 01:25 PM.