View Single Post
Old 12-07-21, 12:36 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Generally, but I represented myself when I got hit by a taxi. No damage to my person, but the bike needed a new rear wheel and RD. Driver admitted total fault and wanted to take care of the damage himself, without police or insurance company involvement. Considering it was a custom Bike Friday and I had no idea if the frame had been bent, I was not going to let that happen. The accident literally happened outside of a police station. Still took the cops 10 min. to show up.

After I got an estimate I contacted the driver's insurance company. At first they seemed cooperative, but then they started dicking around. I finally told them if they didn't have a check to me by the end of the week I was going to take them to court and might develop some lower back pain in mean time. They called me back within the hour and told me they were willing to give me a check that day. Their office was pretty close to my house. They delivered it to my house via bike messenger and stuck in my mail slot.
Aren't you in "the business," though? Maybe a different branch, but still in the business. If not, my mistake.