Old 12-09-21, 07:34 PM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
KICKR Core slipping feeling

I use a KICKR Core with Rouvy. On a ride yesterday there were some steep sections of about 13-14% where IRL I know it's going to be really hard for me. For the most part, it was, but towards the end of the ride, as I pushed down on the pedals, it felt like the KICKR was slipping, but only on every other downstroke. The route says it maxes out at 17% but those must be very brief. For several seconds the resistance felt much less with one leg than the other on the downstroke (don't remember which) as if something was slipping. As the gradient reduced to 10% and below, it felt more "real".

The Core can simulate up to 16%, and maybe with my weight, it reached its limit? I was still way below the max power, though. I saw some 6W/kg at times, and I was putting out some fantastic numbers towards the end. It seemed too good to be true.

I did update to the newest firmware last weekend and also ran a spindown. Is this because of the extra steep sections, or am I headed towards a warranty issue with my Core (8 months old)?

Thanks,
Paul