View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 10:21 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
That's with most high end widgets. It's expensive so it must be great, right? We have the occasional thread where people confess the things that didn't work out for them. Maybe we should start another one. Sometimes it clicks, and sometimes it doesn't.

I have this pair of LG cycling gloves. I bought them because of the great reviews. The first long ride I tried them on I hated them. Took them off. Next long ride, never noticed them. They were great. Another long ride they sucked. And back and forth, and back and forth. Feast or famine, no middle ground. I'm afraid to try something else because it could turn out the same way.

I also think people sometimes buy equipment because they think the investment will inspire them to actually pursue the activity. I've bought more than a few non-bicycling things to get me to commit to this fitness program or that, and much of it remains unused. That's not a knock on people who successfully use that strategy, just that I think it misses for me and a lot of people. What I'm doing needs to inspire what I'm buying, not the other way around.
Likes For livedarklions: