Old 12-14-21, 05:47 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I say if you want to ride your age, then by all means do it. Until recently, I used to ride insanely long distances and thought nothing of it. Riding "my age" was no challenge because I rode 2/3 of my age virtually every day. I had ridden 48 doubles and thought it to be only a matter of where and when I would do my 50th.

Then a nasty crash. Then a chronic condition. Then COVID. Then something else. Later, rinse, repeat.

And on my most recent birthday, I found myself with a nasty intestinal bug (nothing like raw hamburger in a foreign country to make you feel alive) that meant I couldn't ride at all, let alone my age. Yea, I'm better and could certainly do it now, and I soon hope to be back on the double century circuit again. But the point is do it if you can while you can.

PS: For all the worry about riding in the COVID age, I still haven't even heard of a single person who became infected that way.
My local riding group picked up Covid…….but it was because they all went together to a local brewery after a ride. 6 of them came down with Covid……Crazy!!!