Old 12-16-21, 07:02 AM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
I think I might like Rouvy for low key endurance rides. Beautiful scenery, real or in video, does help pass the time. But it's hard to imagine doing hard efforts or structured workouts with it. Does anybody here use it in this way?
I think Rouvy's biggest plus and minus is that there are so many routes available, but not all of them should have been posted. There are several good Rouvy ride authors on the platform and if you start there, you really can't go wrong.

I do find Rouvy engaging. Last weekend I was in Tuscany, and this weekend it's looking like the Grand Canyon south rim or along the PCH. After watching the last Bond movie, I was inspired to climb some of the same routes he drove and found several (they're tough!). It's fun to explore.

​​​​​​I've been using it about a year now. I can tell you it's totally possible to put in some hard efforts in Rouvy. A lot of Rouvy rides always seem to go uphill. I have not tried the structured workouts but apparently that was revamped in the app, and it's gotten mostly positive reviews on the Rouvy FB page.

Paul
Likes For pennpaul: