View Single Post
Old 12-16-21, 08:09 AM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
i have a client (i do home/odds and ends repair) that's looking to sell his truck after i getting it running and then build an e-bike with a 26" mtb. i know nothing about e-bikes, but been working manual bikes for decades. iow's, if there's a universal type kit, i'm sure i can put it together for him. i suspect any kit will have fitment parameters, and perhaps in the next few days i can get a few photos together for the thread so ya'll can better help. but, are there kits that bolt on like there are for motorized bikes?? where should i look and what should i look for in terms of quality and best frame fit?

thanks,
matthew
Hub drives are the easier to build up and cheaper. mid drives are easier in the field. for full blown commuter I think hub drives are totally adequate. Get a good battery for a good source(skip amazon and ebay unless you know for sure its a trusted source).

its been mentioned but ebikes.ca has a ton of info he is pretty hub drive focused but the info is valuable either way. endless-sphere is a pretty active ebike forum.

If you have worked on bikes the hardest part of the conversion will be wading threw the endless interwebs BS about whats better and what wont work.
Likes For sloppy12: