OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moisture View Post
I found a deal on an Opus Horizon AL Apex 1 in my size that was too good to pass up with the 650b wheels. It has an... Apex groupset..
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Nice bike, I think a 1X is a good choice for you.https://www.opusbike.com/en/product/...?CouleurId=319
interesting, nice bike...
but not for me... (not that that matters...)
the droopy chainstay thingie does bug me though... I'm not a fan of possible 'affectation' ?
less chainslap to the arm closer to the BB, especially with the tiny cogs ??? maybe ?
then maybe do it to both arms... ?
I seem to remember seeing some frames from days gone by (rd and mtb) which had this style of 'droopy' chainstay, both sides symetrically - name buried under all the other crap info in my coconut... LOL!
Plenty of places to mount soft reindeer antlers or LV Raiders flags, though... LOL! maybe even a deer whistle or 2...
seriously though. Iff'n you're gonna target this to real gravelly/quasi-offroad with the 1x CR, then you should also use the open bar space for a Dropper Seatpost remote. To really use this bike, a dropper post would be an instant add-on and a detail more important than a droopy chainstay.
I guess astronomers are correct - the universe is expanding !!!
Ride On (whatever you've done gotz...)
Yuri