Old 12-16-21, 05:40 PM
Alsobay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Here in the states that decal style was only used in '88/89 and on the three Italian models on '90 (which I still say were just leftovers) However by '88 the cartouche on the stay caps and crown had disappeared. The through the TT cable routing is very odd, assuming it is a Bianchi frame, but the for would seem to be from the SL or SLX bikes from '88/89 . There is a B on the HT / DT lug yes?

I'm thinking it is the '88/89, SL for '88 and SLX for '89, frame with replacement decals and sadly and home internal cable job.

The kit is also a later addition as by '91 most all road bikes had a unicrown fork and vertical style dropouts.
Bianchigirl,

I don’t recall seeing a “B” on the DT lug and the top tube internal cable guide does not appear to be DIY. It has as good a finish on the brazing as I have seen on other high end bikes. It is flush brazed as opposed to having the diamond shaped fitting at either opening. The paint does appear to be original, although not very loved, as evidenced by the chips all over. Adding a photo of the BB shell as I’d appreciate your thoughts on what you see.