Old 12-20-21, 08:13 AM
RobertUI 
Monkey Boy

Bikes: '22 Surly Straggler, '92 Raleigh T-450, '19 Motobecane Record (fixie), '21 Gravity HD29 SX, '91 Giant Perigree, '95 Cannondale R800

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by velomateo View Post
I mentioned this already in my Rossin Find thread, but this is exactly the kind of find that belongs in this thread.

On a ride the other day I spotted this old Cannondale laying on a pile of old wood and aluminum window frames. No one answered when I knocked on the door to inquire about it, so I returned later and left a note. A few hours later the owner contacted me and said the bike wasnít used anymore and I could take it and wished me a Merry Christmas.
I hurried over and collected it. The old Cídale was super dirty and had obviously spent a long time outdoors, but was equipped with a full Campagnolo Super Record group, except for a Nuovo Record RD. Cinelli bar and stem and Mavic G40 wheelset with Campy Hi-Lo rear hub.

Iím guessing the bike would have been going to the dump, so Iím glad to have been able to save it. The parts will be moved to my Rossin project. The frame is an 1984 (BB serial number), Iíll try to find someone local who wants to build a light townie.

WOW!!! Now that's a true "Saved from the Dump!" score! I always seem to find full-suspension huffy's or the like when I go dumpster diving! :-) Merry Christmas indeed!
Likes For RobertUI: