View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 07:45 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by jpjuggler
I,m very glad to hear that 62 inches is a real thing.
If a Bike Friday can fit in a S&S case, that is 62 inches. I have never owned a Bike Friday, I have no clue if it fits or not.

The S&S Backpack is what I use, a few days ago I added a photo of my S&S bike in the case in post number 12 above.

S&S also makes a hard case but I have never seen anyone use one as a trailer.

I have put my 24 inch wheel folder, Airnimal Joey into the Backpack case, but it took a lot of disassembly, had to remove the fork from the frame and remove a crank arm or two. Photo below.

I added some 26 inch by 26 inch Coroplast sheets to give it more stiffening, thus when I collapse it to make it smaller, it only gets thinner. I did not want to fold the Coroplast. To make it thinner for storage, I pull the plastic side pieces out of it. As shown in the photo below is how it was stored in a luggage room at a couple hostels during two of my tours. That also stored some of my other stuff that was only used for the plane flights, like a second piece of soft checked luggage.