View Single Post
Old 12-22-21, 08:53 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked 552 Times in 298 Posts
Interesting thread. If anybody is still out there, can someone explain to me what a "TT bike" is? I'm still new to triathlons. I did two back in October, a sprint in early October and an Olympic in late October. I'm entered in another Olympic in Sarasota next month. Unless it sells first, I'll be riding my 54cm Cannondale. That bike is too tall for me but it's what I used for the first two. Only reason I'll be riding it is because I plan on taking it out there and hoping it sells while I'm in Florida. I don't want to have to bring it back, but if I do, no big deal.

I have two Treks to replace it when it's gone. I have a Lexa which I will be using for triathlons later (I have two more scheduled here in Nevada later in the year) and another Trek that's kind of my "daily ride". I have aero bars on everything. Not because I'm looking for some kind of aero advantage to get me on the podium. At my age, I'm just doing it to finish. But I find it to be a comfortable position when I'm on the bike for a couple hours.

I'm just doing this to have fun and stay at as high a level as I can for as long as I can. My ride is my strongest event, which is not surprising given my build. My run is next strongest just because I have a long history as a runner, even though I'm not built for running. And swimming is my absolute slowest. I'm never in jeopardy of not making the swim, but I'm a very inefficient swimmer. And living where I live, it's difficult to get any kind of quality practice for swims that long.