View Single Post
Old 12-23-21, 07:15 AM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked 6,690 Times in 2,610 Posts
I seem to have gone on a buying spree, accumulating a variety of winter projects, mostly to keep myself distracted from my day job:

1974 Mercian: I’m actually just about finished with this one and took it for its inaugural ride earlier this week. Just waiting for new brake pads to arrive as the current ones only suggest stopping.
1986 Raleigh Grand Prix: This came as a frameset and awaits cleaning up after I installed the headset and fork. I test fitted it with a 650b x 38mm wheelset that was on a different bike, and they fit, so now I need to strip the rest of the parts off of that other bike and install on the Raleigh once I shine it up.
1938 Maclean: Another frameset acquisition. It’ll be an IGH build but haven’t decided on a wheel set as 27”, 700c, EA3, and EA1 are all possibilities.
1971 Fuji Finest: Came as a frameset plus a bunch of original parts. Finish is pretty beat. At first, I thought I’d just strip the paint and go with an all-chrome look, but I’m worried the chrome under the paint won’t be particularly well polished. Instead, I’ll likely try an oxalic acid bath first to see if that helps. Build will likely be a 1x 5 or 6.
1990-ish Specialized HardRock: Plan it to clean this one up (acquired for little money) and install the 7-speed group set that came off of a trash picked MTB. I’ll then sell or just give away in the spring.

Now the most immediate thing I should do is deal with the rear flat on my Black Mtn Road, as that’s the bike I’ll use through the winter.
Likes For nlerner: