View Single Post
Old 12-25-21, 08:50 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Yes, a purist if that is what it is called. I am riding the bike as transport and figure that is what I ought to do. I like the advice of circumnavigating the big cities as I was thinking about going through Chicago South Side. Not a plan that makes sense for me.
Off topic here, but I also plan to avoid motels, warm showers, etc. Doing it as all tent all the time. Figure I'll stink, but will be by myself thus it won't matter much! If someone invites me into their home upon a random meeting, that will be the exception.
Needing to camp somewhat automatically has you avoiding cities as campgrounds are generally not in the cities. Unless you are planning to stealth camp in the woods, which can be problematic east of the Mississippi due to fewer forested area's where you can get away with this. Planning a trip campground to campground, with stops in smaller towns for supplies, makes for a longer route, but maybe that doesn't matter ultimately. At that point you don't need to worry about routing thru cities and it's certainly easier to plan if you don't.