Old 12-27-21, 01:05 PM
sd5782 

Bikes: 1964 Huffy Sportsman, 1972 Fuji Newest, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport (3), 1982 Trek 412, 1983 Trek 700, 1989 Miyata 1000LT, 1991 Bianchi Boardwalk, plus others

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked 697 Times in 393 Posts
Mostly Wrencher

I find wrenching to be quite therapeutic, especially in the long cold gray winter. The mental planning and calculations keep the mind busy too. Rehabbing, upgrading, and rescuing all occupy the mind and hands. Being recently retired frees more time, and makes me thankful for these endeavors to perhaps keep my mind active.

Riding is a time luxury and I plan to enjoy it more in retirement. I haven’t quite fallen apart yet, but I at least need drops that aren’t too low. Only 8 months or decent riding where I live that I am willing to tolerate. I do cherish the riding, especially when I get out into farm country. I am a solo rider and appreciate the solitude and freedom. The riding feeds the wrenching as I’ve learned to appreciate the different feel of various bikes and need to try them all.

That brings me to accumulating; not really collecting. My aspirations won’t ever lead to the fine customs or top end small manufactures. With my modest skills and riding environment I wouldn’t even be able to quantify or appreciate such machines. I have been enjoying accumulating bikes from various makers and countries and some meant for differing disciplines. I have enough bikes now that I strive for mid tier from major manufacturers which really is a vast area. That is my excuse for buying and wrenching on something new. It is a viscous circle however.
Likes For sd5782: