Old 12-27-21, 02:07 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 1,330 Times in 973 Posts
I'd say work on your physical issues. They sound rather like things I have encountered over the years. There's always something that needs work, so work it whatever it is, and keep riding your bike. When you ride, pay total attention to every part of your body. I like to do that on my rollers, no distractions like safety. I try to sense what every muscle is doing. I find it easier to focus on one leg at a time and try to figure out how to eliminate tiny issues of muscle misuse.

Your shoulders will do a lot better if you do 20 pushups every morning. Or 40, whatever you're good for. If it's under 20, bring it up. It's also very good practice to hang by your hands once a day, 2 reps of 1' works for me. The other thing is to straighten your lower back: Riding Position Discovery

For the Achilles, on the edge of a stair do a full calf raise, then lower your heels all the way down over a period of 20". Repeat 10 times.

My morning stretches are here: IT Band pain (during ride)

For hip/glute strength, nothing works as well as full depth barbell squats (start with just the bar, 30 reps) and knee raises on the Roman chair.

Except don't swing your leg back like she's doing. That's cheating. Legs go straight up and down. And yes, I've been a gym member since 1979. That has really helped for getting the kinks out over the decades. I'm boosted and go to a gym where they wear masks.