Old 12-29-21, 06:53 AM
Kabuki12

Bikes: 71 Stella,72 Mondia Special,72 ItalVega Grand Rallye, 73 Windsor Pro,75 Colnago Super,76 Kabuki DF,77 Raleigh Comp.GS,78 Raleigh Pro,80 Moto Gran Sprint,82 Medici Pro Strada

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked 1,030 Times in 612 Posts
I have a 1975/76 Super and recently had it repainted in its original orange color . I loved the color of the bike , I did not love the exposed metal portions of the frame. The bottom bracket area as well as other areas were exposed and I ride the bike a lot. I would not have done it if it were in any better shape.

I had Franklin Frame do the work and he matched the original very well. The bike looks awesome now with the gold pearl and all the decals intact. Mine was pretty rough paint wise so I feel good about my decision. I have other bikes I would not repaint even though they are less than perfect but I wanted this one nice. The mid seventies Supers are great bikes to ride and they made quite a few. I was told by Ed Litten that there were eight people working at Colnago building bikes back then so quite a few were built.