Thread: Totally Tubular
View Single Post
Old 01-05-22, 08:36 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & a Lonely '83 Santana Tandem (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 352 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh View Post
I finally had time to glue and mount these on my Lotus Super Pro Aero. Thanks so much for the tip smontanaro .

Weather and Christmas travel will keep me from test riding until after December 26th. Can't wait!
Best laid plans....

Last week when I returned from Christmas travel, I deflated the Vittoria Corsa tublars to add sealant and when I went to reinflate a leak developed in the rear wheel! It sounds as if it is where the valve stem and tube are joined. Of course (sic) the sealant doesn't work there.

Has anyone had any luck returning defective tubulars to Vittoria for exchange, or should I just plan to replace the tube?

At least I had an appropriate spare set of tubular wheels which just needed the old glue stripped and cleaned, and tires mounted thanks to a purchase last year from jdawginsc . A pair of Roval aero wheels with bladed spokes and hi-lo freewheel hub.

I had Vittoria Rallys on hand (Mrs. PB has implemented a purchase freeze on me), so those were what were glued and mounted. I had a Dura Ace 7 speed freewheel, but interestingly, the spacing is not the same as the DA 7 speed cassette. Saying my prayers that shifting will be okay. I'll find out today or tomorrow when I take it for a ride.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh: