2Rodies
El Diablo

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YMCA
Jsut got off the phone with our Florida rep and he says the 10 race rule is not set in stone. He has upgraded many riders before they get 10 races. Usually they win or place top6 in enough races to score a bunch of points and he has no problem moving them up.

He has even gotten the word from his boss that 5's need to be upgraded as soon as possible in some areas, as the cat5 fields are filling up.

So, whoever is looking to get upgraded before their ten races are done, just get some results asap and you can move on to the somewhat safer, but much more competitive 4's.
Different reps have a different takes on the requirment. Ours is steadfastly against letting anyone cat up early. Last year we had a guy that won his first 6 5's races, they would let him cat up early. So he won his next 4 5's races then won 3 straight 4 races, by years end he needed to only get a top 5 in his next 3's race to become a 2. He got that in the first race of the year, and now just finished 3rd in his first P1/2 race.

Personally I could careless the 5's races are short enough that I can do two in one day or two over one weekend and not kill myself. Our cat 5 race was faster and safer than the 4s race that day. I'll be in the 4s in two months time and with some luck and lot's o' hard work I'll make to the 3's by years end.