View Single Post
Old 01-06-22, 11:55 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,228 Posts
As one PNWerner to another - we aren't even halfway into Winter. Tougher days with rain and clouds are ahead. .
Perk up.
Install brighter lights. Finish a couple of simple projects. Acquire some 'low country' bikes. Spanish, Swiss, ...something obscure.

Instead of dwelling on too much, dwell on what you lack...! . You need some Weinmann delta brakes. Or....(let me check my 'obscure' boxes)

Dual pivot is overrated……

You will ride again in the Spring, and maybe regularly before July.

I can relate, the above pics of personal collections are waaaay too neat and organized.
My Sig line seems to have maxed out.

edit: after serious consideration, .......thinning the herd for the purpose of narrowing down to optimal size (+\- X.0cm, you choose) riders is not a bad idea. Otherwise, becoming a collector of Classics is worthy. A full collection of bikes regulary ridden is worthy. I know 3 serious collectors who loan collectable bikes for a group ride - to trusted people, of course. And also folks ready to loan whatever they have for a day - at their beach house or mountain cabin is my experience. A large group of mediocre, old, unsentimental, unridden bikes - esp bikes not being refurbished well - may be an issue, but hoarding may represent only a symptom and not the root problem. BEST to ride them except for the few...
roll on!

Last edited by Wildwood; 01-06-22 at 01:18 PM.
Likes For Wildwood: