Old 01-07-22, 07:52 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 973 Post(s)
Liked 511 Times in 351 Posts
Use Stack and Reach to compare bikes

I bought an Infinito in 2016. I wasn't sure of which size, so I compared Stack and Reach with my existing bike that fit me reasonably well. The Infinito I got had a little higher stack and a bit shorter reach, perfect. 28,000 miles later, I'm still riding it!

From my 2016 stack & reach post:
When I was shopping for a new bike, it's stack was 8 mm higher, and the reach 5mm shorter than my current bike. So i knew I could go from a 90mm stem to a 100mm on the new bike (adding a net 5mm more reach), and drop one 10mm spacer to get close to my current fit. And this new bike was a 55cm, the old one was 54cm, so I could ignore that sizing difference, since stack & reach compares them way better.
~~~~~

googling an Intenso, here's the 2016 specs, including stack and reach for each frame size.

Don't have Stack and Reach for your current bike: I posted this easy measuring method in 2016.

Stem adjustments
If you are using an extra short stem or really long one, or a stack of spacers to compensate for a wrong frame size, this calculator can tell you how much movement a "normal" 90-110mm stem at a "normal" angle will change your bar position.
And how much difference in height and reach different spacers or stem angles will make.
Stem Comparison Tool

Last edited by rm -rf; 01-07-22 at 08:07 PM.