View Single Post
Old 01-08-22, 07:28 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super(2)Lemond Maillot Juane (2) & custom,PDG Paramount,Serotta CSI,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Prologue TT,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,Klein Quantum II

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1915 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak View Post
Please get it straight: "assplode" is the carbon myth; "hammer you to death" is the aluminum myth.
Well to be honest, there is quite a bit of difference in comfort between the 4 aluminun road bikes I've ridden. The Vitus Argal was fast and comfortable enough but the handling going down hill at speed was vague and a bit scary. The Schwinn 684 was comfortable and fast on chipseal roads but seemed a bit dull in handling. The Klein Quantum II is just a dream in all aspects of the riding equation. Now the Cannondale, yeah I have to honestly say the rear end is harsh and right now I can't see using it on any long rides. Sure is fun to hammer on though which is what it was built for.

That fatigue test link was an awesome read and something I don't remember seeing before.

Last edited by jamesdak; 03-22-22 at 06:29 AM.