Old 01-10-22, 12:19 AM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts

This saddle is called Spiderflex. I bought my first one about 2 years ago. After the first ride, no pain of any kind and that has never changed. I use this saddle on all my bikes now. All my bikes are more or less upright rides so my butt carries most of my 270 lbs. The slots in both pads are for your sitz bones to drop into. This creates a much bigger patch of skin taking the load between your sitz bones and the saddle. This idea has been the end of saddle sores completely for me. I don't know if this saddle will help someone who has very low drop bars and has a lot of weight on their arms and hands. The saddle incorporates a 20mm spring action and this makes the ride that much better. I don't need special riding shorts or gel pad underwear or any of the other aids that people use trying to live with high sitz bone pressure patches. I can ride for 30 miles in my everyday clothes with no issues. I started riding noseless saddles because of a bout of prostatitus brought on by a regular nose saddle. I have had no issues with the perineum or prostatitus since using noseless saddles. This Spiderflex is mounted on a RAD City in the 26" wheel that I bought this year.