jimbaddabim

Bikes: 1995 Gary Fisher Cronus 1986 Ciocc 1984? Schwinn Fuji Track Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by thook View Post
Ha! Well, if I had the Campy stuff, we'd talk
The enthusiasts around here do love to see restores. It'd be welcome, no doubt. Is it the Ciocc you're planning to restore or the Scwhinn or both?
The Ciocc is in amazing original condition. It came with Shimano Tri-Color 600. I'm actually afraid to ride it. I don't want to damage it.

I got the Schwinn apart yesterday. I swung by Paragon Machine Works in Richmond and picked up a tubing block and rolled out the top tube dent as well as I could. I need to fill the dimple with stuff. I called the power coat folks and they told me to used hi-temp JB Weld on it. I'm not sure I'm going to paint it or PC it. I have a friend who restores old BMW motorcycles who does amazing work. I asked him to supervise me while painting. He just grumbled....lol

I got a great deal on some NOS silver Mavic Open Pro rims, a Nitto mustache bar, and some SPD pedals at the Re-Cyclery charity place in San Rafael....

That's where I am at the moment with the Schwinn.

I just finished up a Fuji Track Classic with some porteur bars, huge platform petals, some aero bar-end brakes, full fenders, and orange, shellac'd cotton bar tape..it looks so cool....waiting for the bars to cure completely before I test it out...