Old 01-10-22, 10:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2843 Post(s)
Liked 2,019 Times in 1,342 Posts
Originally Posted by cubewheels View Post
Alibaba means thief, lol! Crappy choice for a name where clients are supposed to trust you.

Yes, I'm thinking Novatec as well with SRAM compatible hub. The Novatec Shimano compatible hub doesn't look quite durable though. I often see damaged hub splines in MTB application so I'm going to try SRAM compatible hub for a change. I think it gets damaged when pedaling hard over rough terrain which is often my case when standing on climbs over rocky, washboarded paths.
Yet you seem to still trust them? Also Ali Baba was woodcutter if I remember my Arabian Tales well enough.

Find a quality hub with a steel or titanium freehub body and you won't have the issues. I am a big dude and no issues with my White Industries T11 hub with its Ti freehub has not been an issue. None of that hub has been an issue at all and that bike has been a heavily ridden bike and gone up plenty of tough climbs and put up with my sometimes less than optimal shifting. The hub is probably 6 years old at this point and I really haven't done anything to it aside from some outer cleaning. I probably should do something this winter and just make sure everything is good.