Old 01-11-22, 08:41 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
All this makes sense- a recognized brand has some inherent value that cant just be replaced.
I just chuckled when reading it though because a large LBS with 3 locations in my metro is a Trek and Giant dealer, but recently brought in Jamis to fill in for Giant due to lack of inventory. That move would actually make me consider buying from them, which is the opposite of what you mention. With that said, I recognize I am an outlier in brand preferences. I have 0 interest in a Giant bike from an inspirational perspective or fitment. Jamis?- sure, they have cool branding and geometry that would work for me.
Same for me. As I mentioned above an entire chain in Houston just turned into Trek stores. They used to sell Trek & Specialized. I never bought bikes from them, or really went to their stores because I don’t want Bontrager/Specialized branded everything’s.

Instead I went to the shop that’s further away that stocks Arundel & Tacx & PDW, & Problem Solvers accessories, and sells Jamis, Kona, and a few QBP brands (Salsa/All-City).