View Single Post
Old 01-11-22, 11:14 AM
RayHenry
Legend In My Own Mind

Bikes: Road, hybrid, mountain, motor. I have no shame.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I see parents hauling around their young kids in bicycle trailers and always think, now there’s a workout. But seldom do you seem them hill climbing. With the extra weight going down a 5%+ grade and stopping suddenly could be a little unnerving with kids, so duh. So put your battery there
In my younger days back when my kids were growing up, I threw them in a trailer and and drug them everywhere. Even down some gnarly single track. Destroyed a few trailers in the process, but what a blast. Those kids have kids of their own, and those memories of near-death experiences are their fondest to this day. A bonus to that was when I rode with my buddies sans trailer, it was like I had strapped a motor to the bike. That 100+lb reduction resulted in substantially faster riding.

So yeah. I say, never mind the trainer, never mind that battery, forget hills and that other rubbish. Have some kids and get yourself a trailer. The all-around benefits encompass not only cycling, but memories and experiences that will survive long after the peak of your cycling days....
Likes For RayHenry: